Apply for or Manage Classes with the ExplorEC Portal
To apply for Early College courses at Maine’s Public Universities you will need to create an account on the ExplorEC Portal at explorec.maine.edu (External Site). ExplorEC is designed to make it easier for students to sign up for Early College classes at all seven of Maine’s Public Universities.
Some highlights include:
- No paper forms
- Students will start the process online with parent approval
- High school counselors will review and approve student applications
- Electronic signatures will be accepted
- Transcripts not required (though may be requested in some circumstances)
- Once students have an account in the system their information will be saved for future applications
- How to apply for students (Google Slides Presentation)
- Text-only accessible version of Google Slides Presentation: How to apply for students (Word Document)
- Homeschool or Out of State Tutorial (Word Document)
- Counselor/Admin Tutorial (PDF)
Early College Enrollment Checklist for Students
Frequently Asked Questions About ExplorEC:
- Where should students go to find available courses?
- What is course instruction mode, and how do I know what mode is right for me?
- How do I change, drop, or withdraw from a course?
- What do the student and parent agreements look like?
- Why am I asked to provide my social security number?
- What do I if I am having trouble logging into ExplorEC or I forgot my username or password?
- How do I know if a course has prerequisites?
- What is the process for and expectations of high school counselors?
- What is the difference between ExplorEC and MaineStreet?