A Guide for Using the University of Maine System WordPress Content Management System
This tutorial covers the basic functions an editor will need to get started on WordPress.
Please note that some buttons or features in your dashboard or editing window are not covered here. These features are excluded from this training as they requiring additional WordPress or HTML knowledge, accessibility considerations or are not compatible with maine.edu accessibility and style guidelines.
Please do not use any features in which you have not been trained on, instead contact the web content management team for additional training or assistance.
How to use WordPress topics:
- How to log in to WordPress
- How to navigate the Dashboard page
- How to navigate Pages page
- How to use the Quick Edit function
- How to add or edit a page
- How to use the Title and URL functions
- How to edit the page body, also known as page content
- How to add media
- How to add a link
- Locating Page Settings
- Understanding Privacy, Publish and Preview settings
- How to use Page Attributes to set Parent Page and Template
- How to use the Sidebar Options
- How to use the Feature Page Options
- How to use the Featured Image function
- Additional information on shortcodes