Zoom and the US:IT Zoom Support Group are highly encouraging our users to update to client version 5.6.3 or later to ensure we’re using the latest technology to access your Google contacts. The US:IT End-User Technology (EUT) Group is making the latest version available via automatic update as of 6/21/21 on University-owned Staff and Faculty equipment starting Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 8AM. You may also find the latest Zoom Client version 5.6.7 is available for download here or by navigating to “Checking for Updates” within the client.
Due to storage limitations with Zoom, access to cloud recordings has changed. There will be a 120 day limit through the rest of the semester. Starting on May 10, 2021, the 14-day auto deletion policy will go into effect. Long term access to recordings should be through Kaltura.
- High-quality HD video and audio
- High-quality video and audio support for up to 300 concurrent participants
- Large meeting support for up to 500 concurrent participants (limited availability for up to 1,000 participants)
- Easy-to-use tools for collaborating online with others, including sharing and co-annotation tools, breakout rooms, polling, and white-boarding
- Allows for high-quality recordings of meetings, and subsequent downloading of those recordings as MP4 files
- Automatic upload from Zoom cloud recordings to Kaltura
- A full-featured app for iOS and Android