Did you know that all University of Maine System students, faculty, and staff have access to a full professional Zoom license? This means that everyone in the UMS community can create and host meetings without any of the restrictions associated with free, basic Zoom accounts. Just sign-in with your UMS ID at maine.zoom.us to get started!
Concerned with keeping your Zoom hosted classes and meetings safe and secure? Zoom offers a number of features to help you safeguard your sessions. Find out how to set a password, control the screen, or create a waiting room to keep the intruders out.
Passcode/Waiting Room Changes – Update
Zoom will no longer be enforcing any changes related to Passcodes and Waiting Rooms. However, later this year they do intend to release an update adding a new option related to these security settings. The UMS Zoom Support Team will evaluate this update once it is available and will communicate out any changes that might impact the UMS community.
- High-quality HD video and audio
- High-quality video and audio support for up to 300 concurrent participants
- Large meeting support for up to 500 concurrent participants (limited availability for up to 1,000 participants)
- Easy-to-use tools for collaborating online with others, including sharing and co-annotation tools, breakout rooms, polling, and white-boarding
- Allows for high-quality recordings of meetings, and subsequent downloading of those recordings as MP4 files
- Automatic upload from Zoom cloud recordings to Kaltura
- A full-featured app for iOS and Android