We provide support for university faculty and staff cell phones. Plans, phones, accessories, international packages, plan reviews and more. You can select smart phones and other connected devices from AT&T, Verizon or U.S. Cellular. We have options and can help you find the device(s) that will work best for you.
Devices and Plans
Device Protection Plans – U.S. Cellular offers Device Protection+, not all devices are eligible and deductibles and shipping costs may apply.
AT&T International Packages – Please request at least 10 days PRIOR to your travel date. Check and see if packages are available for where you are traveling to and what your options are. When you find what you’d like let us know and we can add the package for you.
U.S. Cellular International Packages – Please request at least 10 days PRIOR to your travel date. Check and see if packages are available for where you are traveling to and what your options are. When you find what you’d like let us know and we can add the package for you.
Verizon International Packages – Please request at least 10 days PRIOR to your travel date. Check and see if packages are available for where you are traveling to and what your options are. When you find what you’d like let us know and we can add the package for you.
** All prices and devices are subject to change
All cellular forms and requests must be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices and device availability subject to change.
- ALL cell phones, devices and accessories MUST be returned to Cellular Services when you upgrade, terminate a line or leave the University. If these are not returned, your department will be charged to replace the equipment. All cell phones, devices and accessories are property of the University of Maine System.
- Return all equipment to:
University of Southern Maine, Attn: Cellular Services, 37 College Ave., Gorham, ME 04038
- Phones must be unlocked when returned and have any lock screen passwords removed.
- Cellular Services assists with activating the cell phone, logging into the University WiFi and logging into your @maine.edu email. Users are responsible to backup and transfer their own data, contacts, photos, etc.
Cellular Phone Acquisition, Use and Guidelines
- Employees qualify for cellular service as determined by their supervisor and when at least one of the following criteria is met:
- Timely, critical two-way communication is required by the employee.
- The employee is very mobile and may have limited access to land based telephone services.
- Employee requires immediate communication in case of emergency.
- Only one cell phone will be approved for each qualified employee.
- A cellular phone may not be substituted for a campus phone.
- There must be available department funds to cover the added costs of the equipment and services.
- The Cellular Services Office is the only authorized office for procurement of cellular service
- Requests for cellular service must be on file. New requests must be submitted in writing to the Cellular Services Office on a Cellular Phone Request Form below and submitted to email@example.com.
- Only completed Cellular Phone Request Forms with the appropriate authorizing signature.
- Employees will use the University of Maine System negotiated contract.
- Departments will coordinate repair, purchase of accessories/new equipment and plan changes with the US:IT Campus Card & Cellular Services Department.
Use of Cell Phones
- University cell phones are provided for necessary, official University business purposes only.
- Employees will be responsible for the safekeeping, care and custody of the cell phone assigned to them.
- Cell phones and Cell phone numbers are University property and are to be returned to US:IT Campus Card & Cellular Services Department when employee separates from the University or no longer requires use of the cell phone. University cell phones or University cell phone numbers cannot be transferred to private ownership.
- Departments are responsible for reviewing employee call detail reports and for collecting reimbursement for occasional incidental or emergency use of the University cell phones.
- Download iTunes (backup, restore, wipe, update):
- Apple iPhone Troubleshooting Guides:
U.S. Cellular Resources
- Voicemail Tips:
University of Southern Maine
Attn: Cellular Services
37 College Ave
Gorham, ME 04038
(Located in Upton Hall Basement, USM)
Brenda Kane (Administrative Specialist II)
Deb Ugosoli (IT Specialist III)
Susan Robinson (Manager)