The information below provides employees and students with additional resources to support their mental and emotional well-being. In addition to these supports, students and employees are also encouraged to contact their healthcare providers.
Also available is SilverCloud, an online mental health tool available to all University of Maine System students at no cost. It offers self-guided programs for anxiety, depression, stress and resilience. Aimed at helping to address mild to moderate issues, SilverCloud allows individuals to manage day-to-day stressors personally and anonymously. The self-guided program is available any time, on any device. The program can be accessed by University of Maine System students at SilverCloud for the University of Maine System (External Site).
Maine State Resources
Dial 2-1-1 Maine for information and referral to community resources or the Statewide Intentional Warm Line at 1-866-771-9276 to talk with a trained peer support specialist who has personal experience with mental health recovery.
Campus Counseling Services
Also, please know that you may contact your campus Counseling Services for information and scheduling:
- University of Maine: 207-581-1392
- University of Maine at Augusta:
- 207-621-3044 or 1-877-UMA-1234 extension 3044
- UMA After Hour Support: 207-621-3344 or 1-877-UMA-1234 extension 3344
- University of Maine at Machias: 207-255 1343
- University of Maine at Farmington: 207-778-7034
- University of Maine at Fort Kent: 207-834-7822
- University of Maine at Presque Isle: 207-768-9791
- University of Southern Maine: 207-780-5411
Employee Assistance Program
The UMS Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, voluntary and confidential program to help employees and families cope with challenging times.
To contact EAP, call 1-877-622-4327.
Additional information about the EAP program is found here: Employee Assistance Program (EAP).