Student Employment Opportunity Offered by the University of Maine System Micro-Credential Initiative
This position has been filled, thank you for your interest!
Please note, this opportunity is available to University of Maine System (UMS) students only.
Fully Remote, Paid Student Internship or Student Employment Opportunity
Title: Special Project Intern/Assistant
Hours: ~10 hours a week, hours are expected to be worked during normal UMS working hours (8AM-4:30PM, but can be any combination of days/hours).
Start date: Spring Semester 2023
Help support the University of Maine System Micro-Credential Initiative. This experience will provide plenty of project based work that can be structured to adhere to a learning contact as specified by internship requirements if desired.
Knowledge/Skills you will strengthen in this position:
Knowledge about the micro-credentials and badges; Organization and research skills, data collection, introductory project management and marketing skills, problem-solving and editing skills, e-newsletter development, professionalism and communication skills
- Audit existing micro-credential content, documents, webpages, and other relevant materials to provide feedback and edits
- Develop a UMS micro-credential e-newsletter (e.g., doing content research, write Student Spotlight and other applicable stories)
- Gather information related to micro-credential learning pathways for website and/or publications
- Sharing insights about your micro-credential and online learning experiences
- Organize communication/marketing publications and web content
- Office/Basic administrative assistance by maintaining documents, spreadsheets and reports on Google Drive
- Assist in creating Public Relations/Marketing videos & training session materials; develop supporting documents.
- Attend trainings
- Attend Zoom meetings; regular check ins and written weekly updates on project statuses; keep accurate time card
- Support data gathering and stakeholder feedback
- Currently enrolled UMS student
- Earn your own digital badge(s) before being hired or shortly after; Share your badges on LinkedIn and other locations as requested
- Excellent written skills; Provide a sample of your writing
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to work independently and remotely.
- Accurately share overall and incremental project progress in a consistent manner
- Have access to an internet enabled computer for the 10 hours a week that has a webcam and microphone
- Experience with graphic design programs (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) with sample of work (e.g., newsletter)
- Proven strengths in editing, familiarity with social media administration; public relations, marketing, presentation skills, teamwork, knowledge of WordPress; experience with Excel, Word, Google Drive, experience with e-newsletter development and programs.
Hours per week:
- Average of 10 hours per week or less during the semester. May also register for Internship credits through your department or campus Career Center, we will work with you to make sure we craft a Learning Agreement that best fits your needs.
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and a sample of written and graphic design work (E-Portfolios are welcomed) to Jessica Hunter, Project Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jessica Hunter, Project Specialist, email@example.com