Additional Licensure and State Authorization Information

The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) Resources and Information

NC-SARA is the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement. Resources and information on that agreement are below:

Federal State Authorization Regulations

State-Specific Licensure Resources

View list that captures know licensure resources for each state and territory of the United States.

Potential Changes in Requirements

Licensure information is reviewed and updated on this site annually. Students who plan to pursue licensure outside of the state of Maine should be aware that state licensure requirements are subject to state, SARA and federal changes. While a program may meet the educational requirements for licensure at the start, changes in requirements could impact the program’s ability to meet any new educational requirements. Students should always check with the state licensure board in which they plan to work to confirm licensure requirements.

Important note for relocating during the course of a program

Prospective and current students should be aware that licensing and authorization requirements vary between states and that relocating during the course of a program to another state could impact whether that student can continue in the course, meet the eligibility requirements of that state and/or receive financial aid funding. Students who are considering relocating should contact their graduate program contact to check for authorization and licensure eligibility requirements.