University employees who are ordered to active duty for training in the National Guard or Military Reserves are eligible to receive leave with pay as provided in the applicable collective bargaining agreement or employee handbook (See Employee Handbooks).

During a training leave employees continue to accrue annual leave and disability leave.

To request military leave with pay for training, give a copy of your orders to your supervisor along with a written request for the dates you are requesting leave.


University of Maine System
Office of Human Resources

Contact Benefits

The above is a brief summary of military training leave offered by the University of Maine System. Consult your local University Office of Human Resources for more information.

If you have a question about your benefits coverage, benefit deduction amounts or any other benefit related question, contact your Campus Benefits Office.  Be prepared to give your Employee ID number.

Last Updated:  January 4, 2012