Subject: Cash Management Training
Management is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective internal control structure to safeguard cash against loss. This APL defines the minimum training to be provided to employees whose duties involve the handling of cash.
- Chief Financial Officers are responsible for insuring that periodic training sessions are conducted for all employees who handle cash.
- Individuals assigned responsibility for cash must receive cash training prior to beginning their assignment and at least once each year.
- Minimum training requirements include a review of:
- APL I-E – PETTY CASH
- APL I-F – CASH COLLECTION PROCEDURES
- Previous audits related to cash management
- Discussion of employee questions and observations
- Campuses shall maintain a record of all training sessions which includes the following:
- Date training session was held
- Name(s) of the trainer(s)
- Names of attendees and their departments/affiliations
- Summary of material covered in training session
Campuses must designate a location of record and file these copies within two weeks of each training session. Campuses will maintain these records for a period of three years.
- The Internal Audit Department is available to assist campuses in planning, and may be available to conduct, cash management training sessions.
APPROVED: Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer