Subject: Mission Statements and Strategic Plans
Last Revised: 1/10/2011
Procedures for Submission of Mission Statements and Strategic Plans
Mission statements and strategic plans will normally be brought to the Board for approval on a five-year cycle However, the Board, in consultation with the Chancellor, may call for review and revision of a mission or strategic plan at any time outside the normal cycle.
Mission statements, strategic plans and/or revisions result from the following process:
- Campus-wide discussion and deliberation led by the president and/or his/her designees.
- Discussion with the Chancellor and his/her designees at the System level.
- Approval of the draft documents and/or revisions at the campus level.
- Approval of the draft documents and/or revisions by the Chancellor.
- Approval of the draft documents and/or revisions by the Board of Trustees at a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Inclusion of the approved mission or strategic plan and/or revisions in all appropriate campus and system publications.
See: Policy Manual Section 102: University of Maine System Charter Section 1-A
Policy Manual Section 301 through 301.8: Mission Statements