Support for Adults in College
The University of Maine System Office of Student Success and Credential Attainment has compiled a list of community support for students and staff, which you can find on this page. If you have other resources to recommend for the list, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions about resources and support? Schedule a call with a Student Success Coach to get help now.
Find resources, assistance and support.
University of Maine System resources
Resources by category:
- Childcare resources
- COVID-19 resources
- Domestic violence resources
- Employment resources
- Financial resources
- Food resources
- Health resources
- Housing resources
- Internet and WiFi resources
- Legal resources
- Quick facts about how the University of Maine System is helping adult learners
New Ventures Maine
New Ventures Maine (External Site) creates an empowering environment for Maine people to define and achieve their career, financial and small business goals. Through tuition-free classes and individual coaching, New Ventures Maine helps people find good jobs, start or return to college, launch small businesses, manage their money and build assets.
Community, State and Federal resources
Comprehensive resources about multiple types of assistance (housing, food, transportation, etc) in your area are below:
- 2-1-1 Maine: 2-1-1 Maine provides free and confidential health and human services information for people in Maine. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to connect individuals with the resources and information they need. Dial 2-1-1 anywhere in Maine or visit the 211 Maine information site (External Site).
- Maine Community Action Partnership agencies: Community Action Agencies work to assist low-income individuals and families access needed resources. Find your local community action agency (External Site).
- Individuals who are in great distress during this stressful time, or at any other time, can reach out to any of these critical Maine hotline numbers (External Site).
- Maine Equal Justice: Maine Equal Justice (External Site) focuses their work on many of the issues that affect people’s daily lives, including access to adequate health care, housing, transportation and childcare; food and income security; and higher education and training.