Looking for financial support?
The University of Maine System and state partners are here to help. Take a look below to explore your options, or contact the Financial Aid office at your campus to learn more.
The University of Maine System Board of Trustees and State Legislature have established a number of different tuition and fee waiver programs for the benefit of students attending a university. If a student meets certain criteria, that student may qualify for reduced university tuition and, in some cases, fees. Examples include:
- Native American Waiver Program
- Native American Room and Board Grant
- Senior Citizens
- USS Maine Commemorative Tuition Waiver Program
- UMS High School Waiver Program
- Veteran’s Dependent Waiver
- High School Aspirations Incentive Program
- Tuition Waiver for Children of Firefighters and Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty
- Tuition Waiver for Persons in Foster Care, subsidized adoptive care, or minor wards of a subsidized permanency guardian upon graduating from high school or successfully completing a GED examination
See APL-IX-G for eligibility. Contact your Financial Aid office for information on applying a tuition waiver.
Maine’s public universities offer a wide array of merit and need-based scholarships for students. The vast majority of scholarships are university-specific. Click on the links below to explore whether you qualify.