Get Financial Assistance to Complete Your Degree with the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship
The Adult Degree Completion Scholarship (External Site) fund supports students returning to school to complete their academic studies. For many, these may have begun years ago, and were not completed for a variety of reasons.
These funds are dedicated to supporting adult students returning to college after an absence of at least two (2) years or more and who are completing their very first baccalaureate or associate degree. The amount of scholarship is contingent on the number of credits enrolled in and the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the current academic year FAFSA. Using enrollment and the EFC, the scholarship eligibility amount varies between $500 per semester and $2000 per semester. This scholarship does not cover the entire cost of attendance and will only help with tuition and fees. Students are encouraged to seek other funding opportunities as well.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine and classified as a United States Citizen.
- Must be a matriculated student at a University of Maine System institution seeking a first baccalaureate or associate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (two years or more from the date you first return to college) from any college institution, in the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree. These credits must be accepted by your reentry institution.
- Must complete an academic year FAFSA and have an EFC of less than $20,000.
- Must be registered at least part-time: six to eight credits per semester. Enrollment of less than 6 credits will not be considered for the scholarship.
You can fill out the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship Application (External Site) here.