Get Financial Assistance to Complete Your Degree with the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship
The Adult Degree Completion Scholarship (External Site) fund supports students returning to school to complete their academic studies. For many, these may have begun years ago, and were not completed for a variety of reasons.
These funds are dedicated to supporting adult students returning to college after an absence of at least three (3) years or more and who are completing their very first baccalaureate degree. Applicants may qualify for UP TO $4,000 per academic year for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine and classified as a United States Citizen.
- Must be a matriculated student at a University of Maine System institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more from the date you first return to college) in the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA.
- Must be registered at least part-time: six to eight credits per semester.
NOTE: The scholarship amount is based on factors such as the number of credits enrolled in and the applicant’s Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) provided by the FAFSA. This scholarship does not cover the entire cost of attendance and will only help with tuition and fees. Students are encouraged to seek other funding opportunities as well.