UMS Data Book
This website is where you’ll find information about the University of Maine System and its students, budget, and staff. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please use the search box in the upper right corner of the page.
Fast Facts about the UMS
Chancellor James H. Page
Founded in 1968
Degrees Conferred 2012/2013 - 5,661
Headcount Enrollment Fall 2014 – 29,613
Click here to read our Dashboard Indicators Report, a more detailed summary of key UMS indicators.
Reports and Information
- The University of Maine System conferred 5,661 degrees in 2012-13. In the last decade, the University of Maine System has conferred 55,423 degrees.
- Students at the University of Maine System receive financial assistance from four major sources: Federal (71%), University (23%), Private (3%), and State (3%).
Finance and Facilities
- In‐state undergraduate tuition and the mandatory unified fee continue to be frozen at FY12 levels. In-state law tuition remains at the FY13 level.
- For the first-time since 1984-1987, there has been no in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition increase for 3 consecutive years..
FY2013 Facilities & Capital Investment Report
FY2014 Annual Financial Report
Multi-Year Financial Analysis – FY2015-2019
Operating Budget & Student Charges – FY2015
UMS Energy Report
UMS Carbon Emissions Report
Employees – Human Resources
- The UMS has 5,366 employees system-wide.
- 66.6% (847) of the faculty in the UMS have tenure.
- 57.5% (732) of the faculty are men, and 42.5% (540) are women. The percentage of faculty who are women has increased from 21.9% in 1981 to 42.5% in 2014.