UMS Data Book
This website is where you’ll find information about the University of Maine System and its students, budget, and staff. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please use the search box in the upper right corner of the page.
Fast Facts about the UMS
Chancellor James H. Page
Founded in 1968
Degrees Conferred 2011/1012 – 6,054
Headcount Enrollment Spring 2013 – 28,863
Click here to read our Dashboard Indicators Report, a more detailed summary of key UMS indicators.
Reports and Information
- The University of Maine System conferred 6,054 degrees in 2011-12. In the last decade, the University of Maine System has conferred 54,657 degrees.
- Students at the University of Maine System receive financial assistance from four major sources: Federal (73%), University (21%), Private (3%), and State (3%).
- Total headcount declined 2.1 percent from last year due to a 4.7 percent drop in graduate headcount and a 1.7 percent decrease in undergraduate headcount. Undergraduate headcount was up at two of the seven campuses. Total headcount is down 9.4 percent from 2009.
Finance and Facilities
- In‐state undergraduate tuition and the mandatory unified fee are frozen at FY12 levels. This is the first time in a quarter century (FY1987) that there has been no tuition increase.
- Grants and contracts revenues totaled $162 million in FY12, decreasing $7 million from FY11.
FY2012 Facilities & Capital Investment Report
FY2013 Annual Financial Report
FY2012 Grants and Contracts Report
Internal Operating Results FY2010
Operating Budget & Student Charges – FY2013
UMS Energy Report
UMS Carbon Emissions Report
Employees – Human Resources
- The UMS has 5,686 employees system-wide.
- 65.9% (869) of the faculty in the UMS have tenure.
- 57.8% (762) of the faculty are men, and 42.2% (556) are women. The percentage of faculty who are women has increased from 21.9% in 1981 to 42.0% in 2013.