UMS Data Book
This website is where you’ll find information about the University of Maine System and its students, budget, and staff. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please use the search box in the upper right corner of the page.
Fast Facts about the UMS
Chancellor James H. Page
Founded in 1968
Degrees Conferred 2014/2015 - 5,564
Headcount Enrollment Fall 2016 – 29,465
Click here to read our Dashboard Indicators Report, a more detailed summary of key UMS indicators.
Reports and Information
- The University of Maine System conferred 5,564 degrees in 2014-15. In the last decade, the University of Maine System has conferred 56,249 degrees.
- Students at the University of Maine System receive financial assistance from four major sources: Federal (67%), University (26%), Private (4%), and State (3%).
2014-15 Degrees Conferred Report
Summary of Student Enrollment – Fall 2016
Summary of Student Enrollment – Spring 2016
Financial Aid Report – Aid Year 2015
Student Charges Report – FY2017
Student Remediation Data – Jan. 2016
First Generation Student Data – Jan. 2016
Finance and Facilities
- In‐state undergraduate tuition and the mandatory unified fee continue to be frozen at FY12 levels. In-state law tuition remains at the FY13 level.
- For the first-time since 1984-1987, there has been no in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition increase for 5 consecutive years..
FY2013 Facilities & Capital Investment Report
FY2015 Annual Financial Report
Multi-Year Financial Analysis – FY2015-2019
Operating Budget & Student Charges – FY2015
UMS Energy Report
UMS Carbon Emissions Report
Employees – Human Resources
- The UMS has 5,195 employees system-wide as of October 31, 2015.
- 60.7% (694) of the faculty in the UMS have tenure.
- 57.1% (653) of the faculty are men, and 42.9% (491) are women. The percentage of faculty who are women has increased from 21.9% in 1981 to 42.9% in 2015.