University of Maine System COVID Data by Campus
30 — Known Case of UMS students or employees in public health agency isolation among the more than 30,000 students, faculty, and staff in the University of Maine System community.
The University of Maine System is now finishing the fall semester through distance instruction as planned. These data would include university students or employees known to have an active case of COVID-19 but not necessarily living in the campus region or state.
- 18 UMaine:
- 0 UMA:
- 2 UMF:
- 0 UMFK:
- 0 UMM:
- 1 UMPI:
- 9 USM:
- 0 Maine Law
The above Data reflects ACTIVE known cases identified through the UMS asymptomatic screening and other testing venues. When an individual is released from an isolation order by a public health agency the active case number shared in the Together for Maine daily update is reduced to reflect that change. UMS is reporting 30 known cases today, 30 cases fewer than the cases reported in the 12/11/20 update.
- Three of the active cases are residential students (1) UMaine and 2 (UMF);
- 52 individuals completed isolation since the 12/11/20 update
- 22 new active cases identified since the 12/11/20 update
- 98% of the aggregate isolation and quarantine space is available for use;
- 11 individuals are using University quarantine space
- 2 individuals are using University isolation space
Asymptomatic Screening Update for Fall Safe Return
- 39,519 Test Results to Date
- 120 positive results representing new diagnoses of COVID-19
The Asymptomatic Screening Dashboard at Together.Maine.edu represents known results on all asymptomatic tests going back to July 22, 2020. About 48 hours passes from the time a test sample is collected and when the results are known. Limited testing is continuing with the University’s in-person population greatly reduced with the transition to distance instruction.
Together for Maine Distribution Now Weekly: As shared last week the TFM Briefing will be provided weekly until the University of Maine System begins preparing to welcome students back for in-person instruction on January 25, 2021. We will be distributing the update next on Wednesday, Dec. 23 and Wednesday, Dec 30.