Housing Support and Access Resources
On this page, you will find housing support and access resources available to adult learners.
Have questions? Reach out to a student success coach for help or find a navigator on your campus.
Housing for on-campus students:
Many campuses are working to accommodate emergency housing for students currently living in residence halls who have no other housing options. Students should work with their student services and residential life offices to identify options.
Reach out to your campus housing office for more information:
- University of Maine Housing Services (External Site)
- University of Maine at Augusta Housing (External Site)
- University of Maine at Farmington Residence Halls(External Site)
- University of Maine at Fort Kent Housing (External Site)
- University of Maine at Machias: Living on Campus (External Site)
- University of Maine at Presque Isle Residential Life (External Site)
- University of Southern Maine Residential Life (External Site)
Federal housing assistance
The federal Department of Housing and Urban Development maintains a list of local housing authorities (External Site) to contact for help accessing federal housing assistance programs, such as Section 8 vouchers and public housing.
State and county housing assistance
Various forms of housing assistance are provided through state and county programs. Maine State Housing Authority, our State’s housing finance agency, provides a list of services (External Site).
Legal housing assistance
Maine Equal Justice
Maine Equal Justice (External Site) focuses their work on many of the issues that affect people’s daily lives, including access to adequate health care, housing, transportation and childcare; food and income security; and higher education and training.