- Chancellor’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Join Our Network
- UMS Data Book
- System Office
- UMS Administrative Transparency
- Academic Affairs
- Think Mission Excellence
- Facilities Management and General Services
- Finance and Administration
- General Counsel
- Governmental Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology Services
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Affairs
- System Directory
Alerts and Notifications
Depending on work location, employees of University Services & the Chancellor’s Office will follow campus protocol for weather-related closures or delays.
Bangor-based employees (16 Central Street): follow the protocol of the UMaine campus in Orono for weather-related building closures or delays. UMaine Emergency messages are distributed through a variety of ways:
- Text alerts and email messages–register now by entering a MaineStreet User ID and password at the prompt, which and signing up for the service.
- UMaine website, University of Maine Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Updates can be heard by calling 581.SNOW (581-7669) or 1.800.581.SNOW (7669) outside the local area, with early morning notifications recorded by 6 a.m., and others made throughout the day.
- Local media also are notified of UMaine’s weather-related cancellations and postponements.
Campus-based employees: follow the campus weather-related closure policy and decisions based on your departmental storm plan. Each campus has a text/email alert notification system. If a campus is closed, employees with supervisors who work at a different location should alert their supervisor to this event.
Telecommuting employees: should work, business as usual, unless unforeseen circumstances occur which should be discussed with your supervisor.