1. home Transfer Students Current College Student 4 Year / 2 Year Institution

4 Year / 2 Year Institution

Two female lab studentsWhether you are looking to finish your degree, pursue a new major or take advantage of all that Maine has to offer, the campuses of the University of Maine System work to make your transition as easy as possible. Many of our students transfer from other 2 and 4 year colleges with many of their transfer credits going directly towards their intended degree.

Transferring to a University of Maine System school requires completing and submitting an application to the campus of your choice. Copies of official transcripts from any post-secondary institution attended outside of the University of Maine System would also be required. Once admitted, previous college coursework with grades of C- or higher taken at regionally accredited colleges and universities will be reviewed and considered for transfer. To see how your college coursework will transfer, use our transfer credit evaluation tool. And, as always, our transfer advisors are ready to assist you individually (see contacts).

Other Resources: Prior Learning Assessment

For more information see Next Steps.