Open Enrollment Information
Open Enrollment is an annual event that gives employees the opportunity to review their benefit elections and decide if they wish to make any changes. Employees have a great deal of flexibility in designing their own personalized benefits package. An Open Enrollment Kit (see below) is mailed to employees' home addresses in October of each year.
Employees are encouraged to enter their Open Enrollment elections using MaineStreet Employee Self-Service. MaineStreet Employee Self-Service, Benefits Enrollment provides employees with an easy, efficient and confidential system for enrolling in benefits in the convenience and comfort of their own home with important, decision-making information available right at their fingertips.
This year the self-service feature will be available November 1, 2012 - November 25, 2012.
Enter your elections in MaineStreet Self-Service November 1, 2012 thru November 25, 2012.
Open Enrollment Kits will be mailed in October 2012 and will include the following inserts:
- 2013 Open Enrollment Guide
- MaineStreet Quick Guide - Benefits Enrollment
- HIPAA Special Enrollment Notice
- Medicare D Notice of Credible Coverage
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- 403(b)/457(b) Retirement Universal Availability
Other Related Information
- Activating your MaineStreet Account (PDF)
- Using UPK (Help link) (PDF)
- MaineStreet Quick Guide - Benefits Summary
- MaineStreet Quick Guide - Beneficiary Designations
- 2013 Premium Rates (2013 Quality Incentive Health Plan Premium Chart)
Contact the UMS Employee Benefits Center
If you have a question about benefits enrollment, contact the UMS Employee Benefits Center by calling toll-free 866-269-9635 (or local 973-3373) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Have your Employee ID number for faster service.
Last Updated: November 7, 2012