Benefits Enrollment FrequentlyAsked Questions
- When is the 2013 open enrollment period?
- When will I receive my enrollment packet?
- Where is my Personal Enrollment Form?
- When do my selections become effective?
- If I don’t want to make any changes to my benefits, do I need to do anything?
- If I already have an Flexible Spending Account set up, do I need to enter anything online?
- If I want to change my beneficiary information for Life and/or AD&D insurance, what do I do?
- Where do I find the Primary Care Physician (PCP) ID#?
- What if I want to change my coverage amount for supplemental life insurance?
- Why does the Flex Spending Account worksheet show YTD contributions but I’m not allowed to change it?
- How do I find out my EBPA user id and password to look up my FSA claims and payment history?
- If I enter my Flex Spending pledges online, do I still need to sign anything?
- Why is the system telling me I need to enter my PCP ID number?
- How do I enter a different PCP ID for each of my dependents?
- Nothing happens when I click the Provider link.
- I added my dependent, but they are not showing up as an eligible dependent for enrollment in Medical / Dental.
- If I choose a Life Insurance option that requires Evidence of Insurability, where do I mail the form?
- How do I enroll my domestic partner?
- Why aren't the current rates shown on the Enrollment Summary page?
- How will I know if the benefits office received my elections?
- Who do I call if I have questions?
November 1st - November 25th, 2012 - employees have until midnight November 25th to submit their elections online or return their Personal Enrollment Form.
The packet will be mailed to your mailing / home address on record. If you do not receive your packet by November 9th, contact the Employee Benefits Center toll free at 1-866-269-9635. .
Personal Enrollment Forms are not included in your enrollment packets. Instead, employees are encouraged to use MaineStreet Employee Self-Service to enter their elections. If for any reason, an employee cannot use MaineStreet, they should contact the Employee Benefits Center toll free at 1-866-269-9635.
Your Open Enrollment choices will be effective January 1st.
Yes. Per IRS regulations, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), must be renewed every year. To continue your participation in an FSA plan, you must access MaineStreet Employee Self-Service > Benefits Enrollment and click Change next to the FSA plan and enter your desired pledge amount for the new year.
YES, per IRS regulations, the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) must be renewed every year. To continue your participation in an FSA plan, you must access MaineStreet Employee Self-Service > Benefits Enrollment and click Change next to the FSA plan and enter your desired pledge amount for the new year.
All employees enrolled in any of the following benefit plans must assign beneficiary designations:
- Supplemental Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD and D)
- Supplemental AD and D
Beneficiaries must be separately assigned to each of the plans above in MaineStreet. To assign beneficiaries, in MaineStreet, navigate to Employee Self-Service > Benefits > Insurance Summary. Click on one of the benefits listed above and then click Edit in the Beneficiary section. You must make sure each of the four plans in which you are enrolled have beneficiaries designated.
Where do I find the Primary Care Physician (PCP) ID#?
To find a PCP in Cigna's network call 1-800-244-622 or:
- Click this link: http://cigna.benefitnation.net/cigna/docdir.aspx
- Select Physician
- Enter name and/or location and then click Next
- Select the network: Open Access Plus, OA Plus, Choice Fund OA Plus WITH CareLink and then click Search
What if I want to change my coverage amount for supplemental life insurance?
You are eligible to increase your current level of coverage by one level. (i.e. Currently= 1 x salary, Eligible for= 2 x salary) If you want to increase your coverage MORE than 3 times your salary OR increase it by more than one level, you must fill out an Evidence of Insurability form. This form can be obtained by calling the Employee Benefits Center toll free at 1-866-269-9635.
Questions related to MaineStreet Self-Service (online) Benefits Enrollment
Why does the Flex Spending Account worksheet show YTD contributions but I’m not allowed to change it?
This information is for your review only. For Open Enrollment, this will always be zero, however, if you use Benefits Enrollment to enter elections for other mid-year events, this amount would show the total contributions deducted from your pay for the current year.
You will need to contact EBPA directly since we do not know your personal password.
No. If you enter your elections online using Self-Service, Benefits Enrollment, it is not necessary to submit signed paper forms to the Employee Benefits Center unless otherwise instructed to do so.
If you wish not to make a change, click the CANCEL button to return to the Enrollment Summary page. If you enroll a new dependent, you must enter PCP ID’s for yourself as well as ALL of your other dependents.
Uncheck the box next to “Use the same provider id for all my dependents” and click Dependent Provider List. This will take you to another screen where you will be able to enter a different PCP ID for each dependent.
You most likely have pop-up blockers enabled. You must allow pop-ups to view this page.
I added my dependent, but they are not showing up as an eligible dependent to be enrolled in Medical / Dental. Why not?
Dependents added without a Relationship or Date of Birth are not eligible for Medical and/or Dental. Please review your dependent’s information and if you find that you made a mistake, please contact the UMS Employee Benefits Center toll free at 1-866-269-9635.
If I choose a Life Insurance option that requires Evidence of Insurability, where do I mail the form?
The most efficient method would be to fax the completed Evidence of Insurability form directly to Prudential using the fax number shown on the form. You may also mail the completed form to the address shown on the form.
You must enroll your domestic partner in a medical plan by choosing Medical and to enroll your domestic partner in dental you must choose Dental. If your domestic partner is in our system, they will be listed in the Dependents section. If they are not shown, you may add them from this page.
The deduction amounts shown will be your actual paycheck deductions as of the effective date. If you make a new selection, the new rate will be listed so you will have a clear view of your cost for your new selections.
Did you click Submit twice to send your choices to the Employee Benefits Center? If you did, when you return to the Benefits Enrollment page, the status of your event will be “Submitted”. Be sure to allow the UMS Employee Benefits Center a few days to confirm and finalize your elections. You will be sent an email after the UMS Employee Benefits Center has reviewed and confirmed your new elections. If you haven’t received an email about a week after the enrollment period has ended, please contact the UMS Employee Benefits Center. Another way to find out if the benefits office has received and confirmed your new elections is to visit the Benefits Summary page in MaineStreet Employee Self-Service. Again, be sure to allow the benefits office a few days to confirm your elections after you have submitted your choices.
If you have a question about benefits enrollment, call toll-free 866-269-9635 (or 973-3373) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Have your Employee ID number for faster service.
Last Updated: October 9, 2012