- Guide to Long-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability Summary Plan Description
- Short Term Disability AFUM Summary Plan Description
- Short Term Disability Summary Plan Description
- Rider to Group LTD and STD Plans - Effective 11/1/07
Integrated Disability Management
The cost of the STD program is fully paid by employees with after tax payroll deductions. As a result, any benefits payable are not taxable.
Not all employees are eligible to participate in the short and long term disability programs.Any questions regarding eligibility should be directed to the Employee Benefits Center.
Preexisting Conditions: The STD plans have a preexisting condition provision. That is, if you were treated (or if a prudent person would have been treated) for a condition within 3 months prior to entering the plan (either as a new hire or during the annual open enrollment), STD benefits are not available during the first 12 months of coverage for that condition only. STD coverage is immediately available for other conditions.
Premium Rates for Short-Term Disability
All costs per $1,000 of coverage (annual base salary)
Follow these steps to calculate paycheck deduction:
- Divide annual base salary by 1,000
- Multiply the amount in #1 by the appropriate rate found above
The cost of the Long Term Disability (LTD) program is fully paid by the University of Maine System. As a result, any benefits payable are taxable.
Employees must be in an eligible group, and coverage commences on the date of hire or on the date of eligibility (i.e., applicable status change).
- Family Leave Policies
- Paid Leave
- Board of Trustees Policy: Health Insurance for Retirees and Former Employees on Long Term Disability
The above is a brief summary of benefits offered by the University of Maine System. If you have a question about benefits enrollment, call toll-free 866-269-9635 (or 973-3373) or email email@example.com. Have your Employee ID number for faster service.
Last Updated: May 2, 2013