Maine's Public Universities - University of Maine System
Fall 2006 Enrollments
- For the fifth year in a row, enrollment within the University of Maine System exceeds 34,000 students.
- Compared to last fall, the number of full-time students is up by 61 and the number of part-time students is down by 97, a total decrease in headcount enrollment of 36 students, resulting in 34,209 students attending the University of Maine System.
- Of the 34,209 students, there are 21,212 women who make up 62% of the student body and 12,997 men, which account for the other 38%.
- Students come from all but two states in the country, plus the District of Columbia. A total of 55.2% of out-of-state students (excluding international students) come from the other New England states. Massachusetts alone accounts for 23.1% of students coming from other states.