- Chancellor’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Join Our Network
- UMS Data Book
- System Office
- UMS Administrative Transparency
- Academic Affairs
- Think Mission Excellence
- Facilities Management and General Services
- Finance and Administration
- General Counsel
- Governmental Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology Services
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Affairs
- System Directory
Risk Management and Insurance
Risk Management proactively manages the University of Maine’s loss exposures by identifying the types of accidental losses faced by the University, analyzing the different types and sizes of these loss exposures and deciding how to handle and finance these losses. We use a combination of commercial insurance, self-insurance, risk avoidance, risk transfers and effective claim management. We recognize that the University by its very nature is a constantly changing, dynamic entity. Our aim is to protect the University and enable it to accomplish its educational, social and economic missions.
We actively manage the risk for the use of over 600 university vehicles, 75 watercraft, and over 500 owned buildings. We even manage the risk for owned aircraft with an available leased hangar in Bangor, Maine.
The subject areas in which we commonly receive the most questions are listed below. Each subject contains a link to further information, including the necessary forms or guidelines that can be completed online or downloaded and printed.
We welcome inquiries from campuses, students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Insurance Coverage, Deductibles, and Charge-Backs
- Incident Management/Reporting for: Accidents, Injuries, and Property Damage
- Memorandum of Insurance (Certificate of Insurance. Print and provide to whomever is requesting)
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Vehicle Administration
- Workers’ Compensation
- Real Estate Management
- Hazardous Situations - Use this form or call 973-3332 or 973-3331.
Adam Green Helen Chamberland
Risk Manager Administrative Specialist
(207) 973-3331 (207) 973-3332
Fax: (207) 947-7556 Fax: (207) 947-7556