- Chancellor’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Join Our Network
- UMS Data Book
- System Office
- UMS Administrative Transparency
- Academic Affairs
- Think Mission Excellence
- Facilities Management and General Services
- Finance and Administration
- General Counsel
- Governmental Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology Services
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Affairs
- System Directory
Requesting A Supplier
In order to request a supplier be added to the database we require two things:
- A completed University of Maine System NEW Supplier Request form – http://www.maine.edu/UMSVENDOR
- A completed W-9 or W-8BEN (for non-U.S. persons) submitted to the System Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 207-581-2698). More information about requesting a non-U.S. person or company be added as a supplier can be found here.
It is strongly recommended that the supplier complete the UMS NEW Supplier Request form as the supplier will know information the UMS employee does not – such as special remittance addresses, minority business classifications and NAICS codes.
If the NEW Supplier Request form is completed on the supplier’s behalf, the submitter then becomes responsible for obtaining any missing information.
At a minimum the form should contain:
- Company Legal Name and DBA if applicable.
- Full address for both orders and payment (may be the same).
- Submitter Information – person completing the form.
Ideally a fax number or email address to which POs can be dispatched should be provided so the purchase order will be sent automatically to the supplier. If the dispatch method is set to “Print”, the purchase order will be dispatched to email@example.com and will be returned to the requisitioner, who will then be responsible for ensuring the PO is sent to the supplier.